Start writing here...
David's Peri Peri SauceJuly 01, 2020 by Jodi MacKinnon (QFG) Leave a Comment
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 large Red Bell Peppers , halved, seeded and char-grilled
- 1 large Red Onion , quartered and char-grilled
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Lemons , zest
- 1½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 1½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp David’s Peri Peri Rub
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ cup David’s Ultimate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Put peppers and onions in a food processor and puree.
- Add garlic, ¼ cup lemon juice, 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, zest of 1 lemon, oregano, salt, pepper and David’s Peri Peri Rub and process.
- Transfer the sauce to a medium saucepan and add the bay leaf.
- Simmer, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and cool the sauce.
- Return to the food processor and add ¼ cup lemon juice, 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, and zest of 1 lemon and puree.
- Slowly add David’s Ultimate EV Olive Oil to emulsify.
- Serve with roast chicken, kebabs, grilled meat or fish.